St Francis House
SUMMARY: Provide emergency food assistance to people in need by stocking, organizing, and distributing non-perishable food items.
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Financial Counseling
SHIFT: Various, On site
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Enter client information into database.
• Collect information from walk-in clients and prepare food bag(s) based on family size.
• Unpack and organize food donations.
• Maintain a clean and organized food pantry.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manual and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in- service training sessions as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including empathy, support, and encouragement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 20 pounds.