SUMMARY: Provide clerical assistance to the Immigration program by helping clients with forms, maintaining client files, assisting with administrative tasks, answering telephone calls, and entering client data.
SHIFT: Flexible, On site
REPORTS TO: Immigration Counselor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Follow program procedures for assisting clients with immigration forms and paperwork.
• Maintain client files in an organized and confidential manner.
• Discuss any questions or concerns with the Immigration counselor.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manual and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in- service training sessions as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including empathy, support, and encouragement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This is a good opportunity for volunteers with a background in political science, legal studies, pre-law, international studies, or related. No previous experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment favorable.