Parish Engagement (2)
Catholic School Engagement Volunteer
SUMMARY: Helps CCC’s Office of Parish Engagement maintain and manage relationships with the local Catholic schools.
DEPARTMENT: Parish Engagement
SHIFT: Remote, 2-4 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Director of Parish Engagement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Assist with the planning and development of group volunteer activities for students.
• Help craft CCC’s outreach strategy.
• Provide support and assistance for special projects.
• Assist with the planning and distribution of scholarships.
• Create presentations about CCC’s programs for middle and high school students.
• Complete documentation and training as necessary.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manuals and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in-service training as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
• Utilizes a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is favorable.
DIRECT REPORTS: None.