SUMMARY: Help a foster care youth build social skills and friendship by participating in community activities.
DEPARTMENT: Foster Care ]
SHIFT: Flexible, off-site
REPORTS TO: Program Social Worker
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Engage clients in healthy and appropriate conversations and activities.
• Assist youth with independent living skills by participating in related activities.
• Inform the program staff / social worker of any health or safety issues.
• Serve as a patient and empathetic listener.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
• Complete documentation and training as needed.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manuals and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in-service training sessions as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including empathy, support, and encouragement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is favorable. DIRECT REPORTS: None.