Adoption & Pregnancy Counseling (2)
Baby Clothes Closet Helper
SUMMARY: Helps CCC’s Baby Closet meet client needs by organizing and preparing donations of baby clothes, diapers, and other baby supplies.
DEPARTMENT: Adoption /Pregnancy Counseling
SHIFT: Flexible, On site
REPORTS TO: Adoption / Pregnancy Counseling Case Worker
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Unpack and organize baby items.
• Prepare baby items bags for clients.
• Maintain a clean and organized baby items closet.
• Work cooperatively with program staff to determine client eligibility (phone or walk-in clients).
• Enter client information into database.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
• Complete documentation and training as needed.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manuals and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in-service training sessions as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including empathy, support, and encouragement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is favorable. DIRECT REPORTS: None.