SUMMARY: Build trusting relationships with clients who have been the victim of a crime to promote attitudes of empowerment and healthy self-esteem. Training and on-going supervision is provided by a licensed therapist.
SHIFT: Flexible, Off site
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
• Engage clients in healthy and appropriate conversations and activities.
• Meet with client in their home or in a community setting 1-2 times a month.
• Inform the clinical supervisor of any health or safety issues and discuss any questions or concerns.
• Notify the clinical supervisor about changes in availability.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
• Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manual and training materials.
• Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug screening.
• Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in- service training sessions as requested.
• Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical manner.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including empathy, support, and encouragement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is in client homes or the community.